Friday, September 9, 2011

I wear my sort of clothes to save me the trouble of deciding which clothes to wear.

Obviously my trying to go through all the fashion shows on style.com is a losing game, so now I'm going to go through and look through the designers I usually like. And I'm going through Fall 2011, even though it's now old, because that's what we're living now. First up, Band of Outsiders:

Obviously I wish I had more style, but what I wear most of the time is this: jeans or khakis, and a plainish t-shirt/sweatshirt or boring polo/button-down shirt. In my defense the khakis I mostly wear are these relatively skinny ones. But the point is, I wear and am usually drawn to boring clothes. Whenever I'm visiting my younger sister or she's visiting me, we end up drinking and looking through fashion magazines. I'll point out an outfit I like, and she's like, "? isn't that what you already wear?"

Anyway, here I like the sunglasses (it would have to be a pretty lame pair of sunglasses for me to not like them). Also, I like the shirt. I've been noticing this color blocking (I think that's what it's called) in several shows. And I'm warming to turtlenecks. Also the color of the pants and the sneakers.



The overall look:



The fit of the suit. I'm not sure I could pull off the fur scarf/I know I couldn't/I'd probably try.



The coat! I'm still liking big coats and skinny pants. And I like green.



I have a lot of trouble convincing people who don't slavishly look through fashion magazines or fashion model tumblrs that tailored sweatpants exist, but they do and I want a pair. And that awesome jacket/coat. And an all-grey/white outfit.

No comments: